TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE ONLINE SALE OF GOODS AND SERVICES
1. THIS DOCUMENT CONTAINS VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS, AS WELL AS CONDITIONS, LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS THAT MIGHT APPLY TO YOU. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY.
THESE TERMS REQUIRE THE USE OF ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS TO RESOLVE DISPUTES, RATHER THAN JURY TRIALS OR CLASS ACTIONS.
BY PLACING AN ORDER FOR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES FROM THIS WEBSITE, YOU ACCEPT AND ARE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
YOU MAY NOT ORDER OR OBTAIN PRODUCTS OR SERVICES FROM THIS WEBSITE IF YOU (A) DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, (B) ARE NOT THE OLDER OF (i) AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE OR (ii) LEGAL AGE TO FORM A BINDING CONTRACT WITH FELLOWES, OR (C) ARE PROHIBITED FROM ACCESSING OR USING THIS WEBSITE OR ANY OF THIS WEBSITE'S CONTENTS, GOODS OR SERVICES BY APPLICABLE LAW.
These terms and conditions (these "Terms") apply to the purchase and sale of products and services through fellowes.com/gb (the "Site"). These Terms are subject to change by Fellowes (referred to as "us", "we", or "our" as the context may require) without prior written notice at any time, in our sole discretion. The latest version of these Terms will be posted on this Site, and you should review these Terms prior to purchasing any product or services that are available through this Site. Your continued use of this Site after a posted change in these Terms will constitute your acceptance of and agreement to such changes.
2. Order Acceptance and Cancellation. You agree that your order is an offer to buy, under these Terms, all products and services listed in your order. All orders must be accepted by us or we will not be obligated to sell the products or services to you. We may choose not to accept any orders in our sole discretion. After having received your order, we will send you a confirmation e-mail with your order number and details of the items you have ordered. Acceptance of your order and the formation of the contract of sale between Fellowes and you will not take place unless and until you have received your order confirmation e-mail. You have the option to cancel your order at any time before we have sent your order confirmation e-mail by calling our Customer Service Department in the “Contact Us” tab.
3. Prices and Payment Terms
(a) (a) All prices posted on this Site are subject to change without notice. The price charged for a product or service will be the price in effect at the time the order is placed and will be set out in your order confirmation e-mail. Price increases will only apply to orders placed after such changes. Except where indicated, posted prices do not include taxes or charges for shipping and handling. All such taxes and charges will be added to your merchandise total and will be itemised in your shopping cart and in your order confirmation e-mail.
(b) Terms of payment are within our sole discretion and payment must be received by us before our acceptance of an order. You represent and warrant that (i) the payment information you supply to us is true, correct and complete, (ii) you are duly authorised to use such payment method for the purchase, (iii) charges incurred by you will be honored by your credit card or payment company, and (iv) you will pay charges incurred by you at the posted prices, including all applicable taxes, if any.
4. Shipments; Delivery; Title and Risk of Loss
(a) We will arrange for shipment of the products to you. Please check the individual product page for specific delivery options. You will pay all shipping and handling charges specified during the ordering process.
(b) Title and risk of loss pass to you upon delivery. Shipping and delivery dates are estimates only and cannot be guaranteed. We are not liable for any delays in shipments.
5. Returns and Refunds. 5. Returns and Refunds. Except for any products designated on the Site as non-returnable, we will accept a return of the products for a refund of your purchase price, less the original shipping and handling costs, provided such return is made within 30 days of delivery and provided such products are returned in their original condition. To return a product, you must call +44 (0) 1302 836836 or email our returns department at email@example.com to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorisation (RMA) number before shipping your product or click here to view our complete returns policy. No returns of any type will be accepted without an RMA number.
EU residents have additional rights described at “Right to Withdrawal”
Refunds are processed within approximately three business days of our receipt of your merchandise. Your refund will be credited back to the same payment method used to make the original purchase on the Site. WE OFFER NO REFUNDS ON ANY PRODUCTS DESIGNATED ON THIS SITE AS NON-RETURNABLE.
6. LIMITED WARRANTY
Fellowes warrants the products to be free from defects in material and workmanship appearing within one (1) year from the date of the original purchase. If such a defect appears during the warranty period, Fellowes will (at its sole option) either repair or replace the defective product with no charge for service or parts or refund the purchase price. Fellowes does not warrant, and is not responsible for, incidental or consequential damages to any electronic device or its data relating to or resulting from the use of this product or any of its parts.
This warranty applies only to the initial retail purchaser and does not cover claims resulting from misuse, failure to follow instructions on installation and use, neglect, improper care, normal wear and tear, use of unauthorised attachments, or if examination or testing show that an alleged defect does not exist during the warranty period on conditions otherwise covered by warranty.
THE DURATION OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, IS EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE CUSTOMER’S EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR BREACH OF THIS WARRANTY OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR OF ANY OTHER OBLIGATION ARISING BY OPERATION OF LAW OR OTHERWISE SHALL BE LIMITED AS SPECIFIED HEREIN TO REPAIR, REPLACEMENT OR A REFUND OF THE PURCHASE PRICE, AT THE COMPANY’S SOLE OPTION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL FELLOWES, ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, RELATED ENTITIES, RESELLERS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS OR EMPLOYEES OR THOSE PERSONS FOR WHOM THEY ARE BY LAW RESPONSIBLE, BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES SUBSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE PRODUCT. THE COMPANY AND THESE OTHER PARTIES DO NOT ASSUME OR AUTHORISE ANY REPRESENTATIVE OR OTHER PERSON TO ASSUME FOR ANY OF THEM ANY OBLIGATION OR LIABILITY OTHER THAN AS IS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN.
The duration, terms and conditions of the warranty are valid worldwide, except where different limitations, restrictions or conditions may be required by local law.
What can you do in case of a dispute with us?
The informal dispute resolution procedure detailed in Section 11 is available to you ifyou believe that we have not performed our obligations under this limited warranty or these Terms.
7. Intellectual Property Use and Ownership. You acknowledge and agree that:
(a) You will comply with all terms and conditions of the any license agreement for any product or service you obtain through this Site, including, but not limited to, all confidentiality obligations and restrictions on resale, use, reverse engineering, copying, making, modifying, improving, sublicensing and transfer of those licensed products and services.
(b) You will not cause, induce or permit others' noncompliance with the terms and conditions of any of these product and service license agreements.
(c) Fellowes and its licensor(s) are and will remain the sole and exclusive owners of all intellectual property rights in and to each product and service made available on this Site and any related specifications, instructions, documentation or other materials, including, but not limited to, all related copyrights, patents, trademarks and other intellectual property rights, subject only to the limited license granted under the product's or service's license agreement. You do not and will not have or acquire any ownership of these intellectual property rights in or to the products or services made available through this Site, or of any intellectual property rights relating to those products or services.
9. Force Majeure. We will not be liable or responsible to you, nor be deemed to have defaulted or breached these Terms, for any failure or delay in our performance under these Terms when and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by or results from acts or circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of God, flood, fire, earthquake, explosion, governmental actions, war, invasion or hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riot or other civil unrest, national emergency, revolution, insurrection, epidemic, lockouts, strikes or other labor disputes (whether or not relating to our workforce), or restraints or delays affecting carriers or inability or delay in obtaining supplies of adequate or suitable materials, materials or telecommunication breakdown or power outage.
10. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. All matters arising out of or relating to these Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Illinois without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of Illinois.
11. Dispute Resolution and Binding Arbitration.
(a) YOU AND FELLOWES ARE AGREEING TO GIVE UP ANY RIGHTS TO LITIGATE CLAIMS IN A COURT OR BEFORE A JURY, OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION WITH RESPECT TO A CLAIM. OTHER RIGHTS THAT YOU WOULD HAVE IF YOU WENT TO COURT MAY ALSO BE UNAVAILABLE OR MAY BE LIMITED IN ARBITRATION.
ANY CLAIM, DISPUTE OR CONTROVERSY (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER PRE-EXISTING, PRESENT OR FUTURE, AND INCLUDING STATUTORY, CONSUMER PROTECTION, COMMON LAW, INTENTIONAL TORT, INJUNCTIVE AND EQUITABLE CLAIMS) BETWEEN YOU AND US ARISING FROM OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO YOUR PURCHASE OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES THROUGH THE SITE, WILL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY AND FINALLY BY BINDING ARBITRATION.
The arbitrator will have exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to arbitrability and/or enforceability of this arbitration provision, including any unconscionability challenge or any other challenge that the arbitration provision or the Agreement is void, voidable or otherwise invalid. The arbitrator will be empowered to grant whatever relief would be available in court under law or in equity. Any award of the arbitrator(s) will be final and binding on each of the parties, and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction.
If you prevail on any claim that affords the prevailing party attorneys' fees, the arbitrator may award reasonable fees to you under the standards for fee shifting provided by law.
(c) You may elect to pursue your claim in small-claims court rather than arbitration if you provide us with written notice of your intention do so within 60 days of your purchase. The arbitration or small-claims court proceeding will be limited solely to your individual dispute or controversy.
(d) You agree to an arbitration on an individual basis. In any dispute, NEITHER YOU NOR FELLOWES WILL BE ENTITLED TO JOIN OR CONSOLIDATE CLAIMS BY OR AGAINST OTHER CUSTOMERS IN COURT OR IN ARBITRATION OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATE IN ANY CLAIM AS A CLASS REPRESENTATIVE, CLASS MEMBER OR IN A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL CAPACITY. The arbitral tribunal may not consolidate more than one person's claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. The arbitral tribunal has no power to consider the enforceability of this class arbitration waiver and any challenge to the class arbitration waiver may only be raised in a court of competent jurisdiction.
If any provision of this arbitration agreement is found unenforceable, the unenforceable provision will be severed and the remaining arbitration terms will be enforced.
12. Assignment. You will not assign any of your rights or delegate any of your obligations under these Terms without our prior written consent. Any purported assignment or delegation in violation of this Section 12 is null and void. No assignment or delegation relieves you of any of your obligations under these Terms.
13. No Waivers. The failure by us to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of future enforcement of that right or provision. The waiver of any right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of Fellowes.
14. No Third Party Beneficiaries. These Terms do not and are not intended to confer any rights or remedies upon any person other than you.
(a) To You. We may provide any notice to you under these Terms by: (i) sending a message to the e-mail address you provide or (ii) by posting to the Site. Notices sent by e-mail will be effective when we send the e-mail and notices we provide by posting will be effective upon posting. It is your responsibility to keep your e-mail address current.
(b) To Us. To give us notice under these Terms, you must contact us as follows: (i) by facsimile transmission to 630-893-1683 or (ii) by personal delivery, overnight courier or registered or certified mail to Fellowes at the address listed on the “Contact Us”. We may update the facsimile number or address for notices to us by posting a notice on the Site. Notices provided by personal delivery will be effective immediately. Notices provided by facsimile transmission or overnight courier will be effective one business day after they are sent. Notices provided by registered or certified mail will be effective three business days after they are sent.
16. Severability. If any provision of these Terms is invalid, illegal, void or unenforceable, then that provision will be deemed severed from these Terms and will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms.