Effective Date: April 30, 2023
Table of Contents
1. Privacy at Fellowes
2. Sources of Personal Information
3. Personal Information Collected
4. Uses of Personal Information
5. Sharing Personal Information
6. Transferring Personal Information
7. Security and Retention
9. Third-Party Websites, OAuths, and Mobile Apps
11. Your Privacy Rights
12. Contact Details
1. PRIVACY AT FELLOWES
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION SOURCES
As you interact with Fellowes, we may collect personal information about you from the following sources:
(A) Directly from you, such as:
- When you transact with us
- When you communicate with us, including email and SMS text
- When you use our products and services
- By filling in forms including those on our websites
- If you make a warranty claim regarding our products
- If you report a problem with our products and services
(B) From technology when you visit our Site;
(C) From parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates within Fellowes;
(D) From third-parties or public sources, such as:
- Dealers and resellers
- Service providers
- Business partners
- Advertising networks
- Social media platforms and networks
- Public websites and government organizations that maintain public records or personal information that you provide to a public forum
- Data brokers and resellers of data
We may combine personal information that we receive from the sources described in this Privacy Notice, including third-party sources and public sources, and use or disclose it for the purposes described below.
3. PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
The personal information we collect from you varies, depending on the way you use our Site or interact with us. The personal information may include:
- Identifiers, such as name, shipping/billing address, telephone number, email address, IP address; business title and contact details; browser type and language; operating system; domain server; type of computer or device; and other information about the device you use to access our Site.
- Customer record/ financial information, such as social security number, bank account or credit card number, or payment application identifiers, or other information needed for payments from you or to you.
- Commercial information, including records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, marketing preferences, customer feedback, and information regarding your Smart Furnishing preferences (e.g., desk height), or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and personal information regarding your interaction with our Site or advertisements.
- Geolocation data from GPS, Wi-Fi, and/or cellular technology in your device to determine your location and your distance from a showroom, store, or dealer that displays our products or services.
- Audio, video, or other electronic information, such as recording calls made to our customer service centers or content that you provide.
- Professional or employment-related information, and other demographic information.
- Inferences drawn from any of the personal information above as used to create a profile about our customers.
4. PERSONAL INFORMATION USES
We use the personal information identified above for the following business purposes:
- For our internal business purposes, such as maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing, or fulfilling order and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, and performing analytics. The legal basis for processing is Fellowes’ legitimate interest in conducting its business and as necessary for performing our contracts with you.
- Internal research, development, and product improvement. The legal basis for processing is Fellowes’ legitimate interest in conducting its business.
- Verifying or maintaining the quality or safety of a service or product and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or product. The legal basis for processing is Fellowes’ legitimate interest in conducting its business.
- Short-term transient use, such as customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction. The legal basis for processing is Fellowes’ legitimate interest in conducting its business.
- Auditing related to a current interaction with the customer and concurrent transactions. The legal basis for processing is Fellowes’ legitimate interest in conducting its business.
- For legal, safety, and security reasons. The legal basis for processing is Fellowes’ legitimate interest in conducting its business, as necessary for compliance with Fellowes’ legal obligations and as necessary for performing or enforcing our contracts.
- For marketing or advertising, including contests and sweepstakes. The legal basis for processing is Fellowes’ legitimate interest in conducting its business.
- For services of third-parties that you authorize. The legal basis for processing is your consent.
- We may also use anonymized or aggregated data for additional purposes.
5. PERSONAL INFORMATION SHARING
We may share personal information collected about you with the following entities or in the following situations:
- Affiliated Companies. We may share some or all your personal information to our parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates within Fellowes.
- Service Providers. We may share your personal information with service providers to perform functions and services on our behalf, to deliver our products or services, and/or to conduct our business, such as product delivery services, payment processors, data hosting and storage providers, customer service, marketing, and data analytics service providers.
- Authorized Dealers. We may share your personal information with authorized dealers for sales, leasing, and customer service purposes, as well as lead generation and for the dealers' own marketing purposes.
- Professional Advisors. We may share your personal information with our accountants, lawyers, and other professional advisers that assist us in carrying out our business activities.
- With Third Parties Regarding Corporate Changes. We might buy or sell businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the personal information we collect may be part of the transferred assets.
- For Legal, Safety, and Security Reasons. We may disclose personal information to others (including law enforcement, public authorities, and regulatory bodies) if we are required to do so by law, or whenever we believe that disclosing such personal information is necessary or advisable to protect and defend our rights, property, or the safety of us or others. Note that we may be required to disclose an individual's personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities (such as a court order), including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also disclose your personal information to detect and/or resolve any fraud or security concerns.
- With Select Partner and Digital Advertising Networks for Targeted Marketing. We may share personal information that we hold about you with non-affiliated third-parties (select partners and digital advertising networks) for marketing of similar products or services.
- Consent. We may share personal information that we hold about you with your consent or at your direction with non-affiliated third-parties.
- California laws indicate that organizations should disclose whether certain categories of information are collected, "sold" or transferred for an organization's "business purpose" (as those terms are defined under California law). You can find a list of the categories of information that we collect and share here. Please note that because this list is comprehensive it may refer to types of information that we share about people other than yourself.
6. PERSONAL INFORMATION TRANSFERS BETWEEN COUNTRIES
Fellowes is a global enterprise based in the United States with operations in countries around the world. Authorized Fellowes personnel and third-parties acting on our behalf may access, use, and process personal information collected from you in a country that is different from yours, and which may have different, including less stringent, data protection laws.
Fellowes has implemented global privacy practices for processing personal information to ensure the personal information is protected under various data protection laws, including the applicable data protection laws under which the personal information was collected. Fellowes transfers personal information between the countries in which we operate in accordance with the standards and conditions of applicable data protection laws, including standards and conditions related to security, processing, and acceptable transfer mechanisms.
7. SECURITY AND RETENTION
We use reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security measures to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information. However, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment and no security system or measures are impenetrable, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us. We strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through email to us or otherwise through our website. We retain personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the stated purposes for which the personal information was collected or otherwise processed and thereafter only for legitimate purposes or legal requirements.
Our website is not directed or targeted towards, nor intended for use by, persons under the age of 16. If you are not at least 16 years of age, do not access, use, or register on our Site. We do not knowingly collect, use, share or sell personal information from persons under age 16. If you believe we have done so in error, please notify us and we will terminate and delete your account and account information.
9. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES, O-AUTHS, MOBILE APPS
- Third-party Websites. We are not responsible for the practices employed by third-party websites or services linked to or from our Site, including the information or content contained in such websites or services, and this Privacy Notice does not apply to them. Privacy notices on such linked websites may be different from our Privacy Notice. Your browsing and interaction with any third-party website or service, including those that have a link on our Site, are subject to that third-party's own rules and privacy notices. You access such linked websites at your own risk. You should always read the privacy notice of a linked website before disclosing any of your personal information on such website.
- Standard Open Authorization and Similar Technology ("OAuth") With your permission, in addition to the uses of or access to your personal information discussed in this Privacy Notice, third-party applications and services may access your personal information using OAuth if you choose to log into our Site using your log-in information from those third-party applications. We may also use OAuth to allow us to share personal information about you that is stored by us without sharing your security credentials.
- Mobile Applications Fellowes may have mobile applications that you can download to your mobile device (the "Applications"). When you download the Applications, there may be an opportunity for you to provide us with or for us to obtain personal information about you. Each Application will display a privacy notice that will inform you about how any new or different personal information shared via the application will be handled. Otherwise, personal information collected via the Applications will be the personal information identified above and will be used and shared as stated in this Privacy Notice.
Certain features and functionality of the Applications are based on your location. To provide these features and functionalities, if you consent, we may collect geolocational information from your mobile device, wireless carrier, and/or certain third-party service providers. Collection of geolocational information occurs only when you are using your mobile device. You may decline to allow us to collect geolocational information or disable location services on your mobile device but doing so will restrict certain features and functionalities to you.
11. YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
(A) Right to Opt-Out of Marketing
- Promotional Emails. You may opt-out of receiving certain future email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of emails you receive from us. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You cannot opt-out of receiving transactional emails or communications related to your account with us.
- Promotional Mailings. You may opt-out of physical mail marketing and catalogs by completing the catalog opt-out form on each of the Fellowes websites. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner.
- Promotional Text Messages. If you receive a text message from us that contains promotional information you can opt-out of receiving future text messages by replying "STOP."
(B) Right to Opt-Out of Sale/Do Not Sell
We may disclose the personal information identified in Section 3 above to third-parties for their targeted marketing purposes and to enhance your experience on our Site. All customers have the right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information via the privacy notice page at Fellowes.com. To opt-out of online activity tracking and data sharing through Cookies, you can opt-out of each Cookie category (except strictly necessary Cookies) by clicking on the "Cookie Settings" button in the Cookie Notice found at the bottom of each Fellowes website
(C) Right to Delete/Erasure
All customers have the right to request that we delete personal information about you that we have collected from you, but you should note that in many situations we must keep your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for another one of our business purposes. You may exercise your rights via the Fellowes website.
(D) Right to Know
All customers have the right to request that we disclose personal information that we have about you. You can request that we provide you with the categories of personal information we have collected in the twelve (12) months preceding your request, at a minimum, and for each category: the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected; the business or commercial purpose for which we collected the personal information; the categories of third-parties to whom we sold or disclosed the category of personal information for a business purpose; and the business or commercial purpose for which we sold or disclosed the category of personal information. You can also request that we provide the specific pieces of personal information that we have about you. You may exercise your rights via the Fellowes website.
(E) Right to Data Portability
All customers have the right to obtain a copy of their personal information in a readily usable format. You may exercise your rights via the Fellowes website.
(F) Right to Change/Rectify
All customers have the right to request a change to the personal information that we have about you. You can access and update most of your account information on our Site by logging into your account. You may also reach out to us via the Fellowes website.
(G) Right to Restrict/Object
In certain circumstances, you may have the right to restrict or object to the processing of your personal information. You may exercise your rights via the Fellowes website.
We may seek certain personal information to verify your identity that may include email address, mailing address, and government issued identification. We may use third-party verification companies to help us verify your identity. If you are submitting a request on behalf of a household, we will need to verify each member of the household in the manner set forth in this Section.
(I) Use of Authorized Agent
If you are making any of the requests above through an authorized agent, we will request written authorization from you and will seek to verify your identity in the manners stated above (depending on the request type), or we will accept a legal Power of Attorney to the authorized agent. To make a request using an authorized agent contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
(J) Timing of Response
We will respond to Requests to Delete and Requests to Know within thirty (30) calendar days, unless we need more time, in which case we will notify you. It may take up to sixty (60) days in total to respond to your request. We will respond to Requests to Opt-Out within fifteen (15) business days.
Fellowes will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights.
12. Contact Details
1789 Norwood Avenue
Itasca, Illinois U.S.A. 60143
Attention: Legal Department – Privacy Notice
Unit 2 Ontario Drive, New Rossington Doncaster
South Yorkshire DN11 0BF, UK
Attention: Privacy Officer
Phone: Phone 44.1302.836836